Constructing Excellence Yorkshire and Humber is run by the Centre for Knowledge Exchange, part of the School of Built Environment, Engineering and Construction at Leeds Beckett University. Our goal is to improve cross sector collaboration, promote positive change and bring together our fragmented industry for the benefit of all involved in construction in the region. We work with key clients, the full contractor supply chain as well as associate professionals (legal, accounting), consultants, planning and community groups, educational establishments, government bodies and social enterprises providing forums for them to network, share knowledge and foster best practice. This is achieved through our seminars, workshops and conferences.
What we do
- Act as the voice of construction in the region, feeding into national strategy and government policy.
- Develop cross sector industry relationships, foster collaborative working and accelerate change.
- Promote industry best practice and drive up standards through our targeted events programme and annual awards ceremony.
- Provide platforms for networking with key clients and built environment leaders.
- Share new processes, initiatives and technologies via our extended Leeds Beckett University knowledge exchange and research network.
- Provide a link between Leeds Beckett University and the industry to elevate graduate skills and employability.
- Be an active member of CERP (Constructing Excellence Regional Partnerships) working with other regions to bring innovation & experience to Yorkshire and Humber.
Held every year in July, the Constructing Excellence Yorkshire and Humber Awards (#CEYH2020) focus attention on some of the most important issues in the construction sector. They recognise the very best companies, collaborations and projects sharing best practice and inspiring others to adopt new and better ways of working that deliver outstanding results. All types of organisations enter our awards each year; private and public sector, micro, SME and large contractors, designers, consultants, clients and suppliers – in fact anyone and everyone that is part of construction’s extended family. From all those entrants our judges select the very best projects, schemes and teams to go forward to represent the Yorkshire and Humber region at the national Constructing Excellence Awards in November.