To support the Governments Net Carbon Zero aim, we have set a target to be net zero in our own operations by 2030 and have developed our Net Zero Roadmap on how we can achieve this.
Contributing to a more sustainable future is at heart of all our projects. Fundamental to this is our sustainability2026 Journey compass, focused around the themes of;
- Performance- Have clear and SMART governance in place to measure and challenge business performance to support our growth ambitions and a sustainable future.
- People- People are our priority and we keep this simple: everyone matters to us. We strive to keep our people and wider stakeholders cared for, healthy and engaged, consistently demonstrating our vision of being a great place to work so we can be a great company to deal with.
- Places- Being a force for good within our communities, providing a meaningful and humble contribution to the local economy and its businesses. Leaving a positive legacy wherever we go.
- Planet- We respect the environment that supports our business and the communities we serve. We demonstrate this by working towards a low carbon economy, being efficient with resources, protecting nature and encouraging our wider stakeholders to do the same.
We havealso implemented various sustainability initiatives across the business and project specifically:
- Environmental Near Misses reporting KPI’s
- Site Waste Management plans on all our schemes.
- Maximising local supply chain spend and reducing vehicle movements
- Sustainable design solutions offered on all projects where possible utilising our in-house sustainability/EPD library allowing us to spec more sustainable options to our clients
- Maximising Pre-Manufactured Value (PMV) across all schemes
- EV infrastructure at owned office buildings
- Electric/Hybrid only Company Car Policy
- Switching to HVO fuel or electric powered plant where possible
- Utilising eco cabins on site
- Maximising digital technology and reducing site-based paper.
Three Winning Facts:
- In 2022, we created over £90m in socio-economic impact in the Yorkshire region.
- 15% of our direct staff are on our ‘GATEway’ (Graduates, Apprentices and Trainees) programme.
- One of our projects achieved an EPC rating of A without gas.