At the Constructing Excellence Procurement Group Meeting on 19 March there was considerable debate on the blockers and potential solutions to procuring for value. The following 3 areas were identified as the key enablers:
- Value based procurement (behaviours) – removing cost as a main driver
- Giving industry momentum, voice and backing
- Robust metrics in a standardised framework
To move this forward there is a need to understand the ‘who’. Who are the key leaders? Who is empowered to change this? Who are the influencers? Who are the funders? Who are the blockers?
This will be the focus for the workshop on 21 June, to help understand who is working in this area, who we need to collaborate with and how we can engage key stakeholders.
- Click here to see the minutes from the workshop on 19 March 2019
- Click here to view the group terms of reference
- Register for the workshop on 21 June
As ever please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.