Construction and the built environment have a huge role to play in tackling the climate crisis and delivering high quality sustainable buildings and infrastructure. It is a key concern for all built environment stakeholders and influences decision-making in all areas of the asset life cycle from design, procurement, construction and operation.
As ESG, sustainability and the move to net zero are fundamental to how our members operate their businesses and deliver projects, products and services, they are increasingly looking for ways to share best practice and demonstrate leadership.
The group will be Chaired by Annette Boren, Chapter Chairwoman for the Swedish Chamber of Commerce.
Annette was born in Sweden and started her career with Atlas Copco, a Swedish Industrial Group, working internationally with them in her early career. She has since held a range of marketing and finance positions, from Marketing Manager, Finance Director and CFO to her recent position as Head of Finance and Sustainability for Hilti Northern Europe, putting her degree in Marketing and Finance to good use. Annette is proud to put developing strong relationships at the foundation of everything she does, both professionally and personally, and is passionate about sustainability.
We are very late in acting on climate change, it is already here, but it is not too late. The construction industry stands for 35% of the total carbon footprint worldwide. Together we can make a powerful and meaningful impact.
To provide the Constructing Excellence movement with inspiration, insight and connections to deliver genuine change at a practical level with regards to Climate Action and Net Zero.
- The group will have an initial focus on carbon reduction notwithstanding the very real issues around social, health & safety etc.
- The group will build on Constructing Excellence’s core strength around best practice and bringing disparate parts of the construction industry to a common understanding.
- The group will share insight and suggestions on what people can do now, based on real life examples and best practice that is scalable and replicable.
- The group will use action-focussed, simple and accessible language to de-mystify the transition.
- The group will actively include young people through G4C and Zero
- The group will translate and signpost policy to help the CE movement understand the landscape.
- The group will consider innovation and what is around the corner to accelerate its adoption by the industry.