This is the first of 10 stages in the process.
Need a Framework?
Steps towards frameworking:
- Background knowledge
- Learn from past projects
- Analyse the portfolio
- Apply the 10 golden rules for establishing a framework
- Get the whole team on board
Officers should be able to outline the case for frameworking as follows:
- What have we learned from recent projects?
- What are our options for the future?
- What do we know about best practice elsewhere?
- Why and how do we need to deal with suppliers differently?
Procurement strategy workshop:
- Packaging the work
Specific legal, finance and audit aspects:
- The Prudential Code
- Framework agreement
- OGC gateways
- Sequence of tasks
Know your market?
Before breaking the news to potential suppliers, consider:
- Time to market – can the local supply chain respond immediately; can the local supply chain be developed so that it can respond to an increased workload; will outside suppliers be needed?
- Sustainable local community – what are opportunities and risks for the local construction community and can the consumption of physical and energy resources be cut?
Consultation and Commitment
This workshop is to:
- Draw out stakeholders’ objectives
- Encourage innovation.
- Communicate the strategy.
You will need to cast your net wide to achieve both.
“Consultation and Commitment” continued…
Market day – What?
This is the first of three open seminars with suppliers.
- Making suppliers aware of what the authority is proposing
- Implications for suppliers.