Focus on the desired outcome from your project. How will you know whether you have succeeded without a checklist of project success factors?
Strategic issue 5 is a good reference here.
- See whether your current procedures will ensure success.
- Set realistic improvement targets.
- Compare your performance with others.
- Identify the desired outcomes for this particular project.
- Produce specifications that relate to outcomes rather than inputs.
Feedback from Post Occupancy Reviews
The ultimate judge of success is the user. You should take advantage of what users thought of other similar projects by consulting POST OCCUPANCY REVIEWS. Knowledge of the features of other projects and the users’ perception of what worked and what didn’t is invaluable in formulating your project success factors.