Regulatory offices must take an active interest in the process OJEU and QBS processes because they are responsible for:
- compliance with legal requirements of the EU, UK and Council’s standing orders
- auditing the whole procurement process
- protecting the council’s financial interests.
Framework officers should consult with regulatory officers as follows:
- Circulate the draft documents.
- Meet with regulatory officers and ensure they understand (in detail) the process and its implications for their key areas of responsibility.
- Receive their feedback.
- Amend the documents.
If you are uncertain about these processes you should consult the references to Rethinking Construction in Local Government given in OJEU NOTICE AND QBS PROCEDURE