Established in 1948, Morrison Design is a team of visionary architects and dedicated project managers with a passion for buildings and a keen eye for detail. We work across the UK and Ireland, specialising in several key sectors: Hotels & Hospitality, Science & Technology, Public Sector and Commercial.
Our business, like many, experienced significant impacts from the global COVID 19. Since then, we’ve grown our business, adding 10 employees since 2020. We’ve gained new projects both from existing and new clients but one of the things we’re most proud of is our people. Our new Directors took over the business in 2019 and recognise that our team is our most important asset.
A few of our initiatives include:
Learning & Development
- Morrison Design has a long history of inspiring and nurturing local talent. Peter Newman-Earp, Director, is also Chair of Derby College Professional Construction Skills Academy and we often host work experience students.
- We invested in leadership training for all our line managers, have a minimum of monthly CPD sessions and offer software training for team members who wish to upskill their knowledge.
- We’ve launched a new personal development review process where team members have individual training and support plans.
- We restructured our team to increase support and guidance, enhance productivity and provide clearer career progression. As a result, we made six internal promotions.
- We’re investing in mental health first aiders and training for the wider team.
Diversity & Inclusion
- We will take part in awareness events (chosen by our team) to engage and educate.
- We reviewed existing policies and introduced new, inclusive policies. We also offer flexible and hybrid working.
- We have a charity of the year chosen by our team. In 2022 our team raised over £3,100 for the British Heart Foundation.
- We began our sustainability journey by calculating our carbon footprint. Our sustainability workstream involves three team members who are committed to improving our environmental initiatives further during 2023.
Three Winning Facts:
- We have a <5% annual employee turnover rate.
- We’ve created a Mental Wellbeing workstream, implementing activities to support our team.
- We’ve created Diversity &Inclusion, Learning & Development, Sustainability and Charity workstreams which our team are actively involved in.