Kori are a team of experienced individuals driven by an ambition to produce exceptional buildings for our clients, the environment and the communities we serve. We have continued to grow from strength-to-strength, year-on-year, establishing ourselves as a leading contractor in the later-living sector, with the 2022/23 financial year being our biggest year to date.
By living our values, participating in industry working groups with peers to develop best practice, harnessing digital technologies to improve productivity and fostering an environment of creativity, collaboration, empowerment and continuous improvement with not only our employees, but also our customers, supply chain partners and local communities, in the last year we have achieved:
- 75% increase in turnover growth (from £20m to £35m)
- 71.43% of projects with repeat business customers, evidencing our quality of service and high levels of customer satisfaction
- 100% employee retention rate, which is exceptional given the average employee turnover rate for the construction industry is now21.4% and demonstrates our employees’ satisfaction.
- 48% increase in employee headcount (from 27 to 40)
- 100% of projects now measuring social value performance and their operational carbon footprint
- 100% of projects completed in the year exceeding our Social Return on Investment Target of 25%
- £14,268,973 social and local economic value generated
- 30.32% carbon reduction per £m turnover
- 360 hours of community volunteering
- £23,006 donations made to local community causes.
- 90 hours support provided to local schools and colleges.
- >4,200 students engaged with to inspire the next generation to consider a rewarding career in the construction industry and to promote both Kori and the industry as ‘inclusive’ employers with workplaces where everyone feels valued and respected because of their differences.
- Average Considerate Constructors Scheme across all projects of 40.9, with two of our projects achieving a score of 45/45(2021/22 average score 37.5).
Three Winning Facts:
- 75% increase in turnover growth due to our consistent delivery performance, our drive for continuous improvement and the exceptionally high levels of customer satisfaction received, with 71.43% of projects in the last year with repeat business customers.
- An industry leading employee retention rate of 100% as a result of our positive culture, the investment we have made in our people and the employee engagement, attraction and retention measures we have put in place.
- Our exceptional sustainability performance, which includes social value, carbon reduction, equality diversity and inclusion and Considerate Constructors Scheme.