- This event has passed.
Constructing Excellence Annual Conference
15 January, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMT
The Brewery, London
Online price £195.00 per person , plus VAT.
2020 Focus – A clear path for sector transformation
This year’s Constructing Excellence Annual Conference will take an in-depth look at the key enablers of sector transformation. It will bring together all elements of the Constructing Excellence movement to drive positive disruption right across the sector.We will analyse the latest thinking and progress against the key elements of our vision including Clients Procuring for Value, Performance and Manufacturing & Technology. We will be considering the significant progress that has been made across these areas through initiatives, gaining insights from other sectors and looking at how this progress can be applied today. We will also be taking a view of how a more productive sector can deliver long term value and sustainability for the society that it serves.
- Gain insight and perspective as our industry-leading chairs Phil Wilbraham, David Whysall and Mark Farmer share their views on sector transformation.
- Hear about the latest factors impacting and driving performance in the sector as well as insight into how those in other sectors are tackling the issues of performance and productivity.
- Share your views and priorities around the Procure for Value tool emerging from from the Construction Innovation Hub and Construction Leadership Council.
- Find out how our sponsors Sir Robert McAlpine have utilised BIM and digital technology to drive performance improvements.
- Learn about the latest developments and research in platform-based approaches to buildings.
- Discover the role that manufacturing and digital can technologies can play in unlocking the zero-carbon agenda.
- Hear from the future leaders of our industry as Generation4Change share their perspective on Generation4Tech.
- Build your network and collaborate with committed individuals and organisations from right across the construction supply chain and the Constructing Excellence movement.
- Find out Constructing Excellence’s plans to drive sector transformation and improvement in 2020.
09.15 Registration and Networking
10.00 Welcome & Review of 2019, Alison Nicholl, Constructing Excellence
10.15 Clients Procuring for Value – Chair Phil Wilbraham, Heathrow
- Interactive workshop examining the Procure for Value tool with Ann Bentley, CLC / RLB Keith Waller and Dr Isolda Agusti Construction Innovation Hub
11.20 Coffee and Networking
11.45 Performance – Chair David Whysall, Turner & Townsend
- Where are we as a sector? Do we need someone to explain what performance/productivity is? What next for performance? – David Rockhill, McKinsey
- How other sectors are delivering performance & productivity – TBC
- The role technology has played in the evolution of Sir Robert McAlpine, Vince Lydon and Nick Leach, Sir Robert McAlpine
13.00 Lunch and Networking
14.00 Manufacturing & Technology – Mark Farmer
- The Seismic Project, Lorraine McMorrow, McAvoy Group
- The role of manufacturing and technology in delivering the Zero Carbon Agenda – Prof Dave Worsley, Active Building Centre
- Generation4Tech – Generation4 Change view on Technology Shaping the Industry – Caroline Key and Robin Lapish, Generation4Change
15.25 New Delivery & Funding Structures – Marcus Harling, Burges Salmon
- What will sector transformation mean for clients and their funders?
15.45 Our 2020 Focus, Alison Nicholl, Constructing Excellence
For more information:
01923 66 4408