- This event has passed.
Bouncing back: a new narrative for construction
24 May, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm BST
G4C passionately believes that the construction industry needs a new image. The current image has a negative impact on attracting talent and skills retention. G4C wants to drive our industry forward and demonstrate an attractive industry that is open to change.
Our collective image is poor and this is often driven by false perception, misinformation, a small number of highly damaging recent incidents and industry’s failure to speak with a clear, shared narrative to promote itself. G4C believes we must fight back, and help facilitate the creation and delivery of a coordinated campaign to shout about the great things we do and build a new, more engaging and positive narrative with the public.
- Network with people from across the built environment industry, share your ideas and pitch to our panel. We want to hear from you – this is not your usual conference!
- Gain a new perspective by hearing from experts in marketing, skills, stakeholder management, public relations and customer service-led design.
- Meet with current and future industry thought leaders and raise your profile.
- Have fun and be creative!
12:00-13:00 – Lunch
13:00-13:15 – Welcome & Overview of G4C, Robin Lapish, G4C
13.15-13.45 – Keynote Sarah Beale, CITB
13.45-14.30 – Panel – How do we get Construction Bouncing Back? Chaired by Caroline Key, G4C
- Paddy Whiteway, Client Services Director, Engine
- Dan Gerrella, Vice-Chair of the Construction & Property Group, Chartered Institute of Public Relations
- Gareth Evans, Build UK
- David Williams, Young Achiever 2017
- Sarah Beale, CITB
14:30-15:00 – Coffee
15:00-15:30 – Lightning Talks Chaired by Henry Fenby-Taylor .be
15:30-16.30 – Roundtables – Our proposals to #bounceback Chaired by Henry Fenby-Taylor .be
16:30-17:00 – Wrap up and what next
17:00-20:00 – Drinks & Ping Pong