On Wednesday 1st November, we held the Constructing the Gold Standard Verification Scheme launch at the House of Lords. The event had a fantastic turnout and we were delighted to be able to welcome so many professionals from across the construction industry in support of the verification scheme.
See here, for photos of the event.
Guests heard from several speakers including:
- Professor David Mosey CBE about the Independent Review of Public Sector Construction Frameworks he conducted that led to the creation of the Constructing the Gold Standard Verification Scheme
- Lord Aberdare, sponsor for the event
- Alison Nicholl, Head of Constructing Excellence
- John Welch, about Crown Commercial Services’ experience of using the scheme
- Alan Heron, Places for People, supporters of the event.
About the Scheme
The Constructing the Gold Standard Verification Scheme is an objective system for recognising and supporting those framework providers and clients who adopt Gold Standard frameworks, framework contracts and action plans. Seven clients and framework providers are currently piloting the scheme – Ministry of Justice, Environment Agency, SCAPE, CHIC, LHC, Places for People and Crown Commercial Service. The scheme verifies the claims made by framework providers and clients who procure their own frameworks and alliances. It also provides a measure of quality for clients who use frameworks and for suppliers who bid for frameworks.
Professor David Mosey CBE:
In order for public sector construction to make best use of limited funds, to deliver safe and high-quality outcomes and to tackle the climate crisis, all clients and supply chain members should adopt the Gold Standard recommendations. Integrated framework alliance contracts, the application of digital information management and the implementation of urgent action plans under existing long term contracts are among the recommendations that the construction sector and its clients should implement to achieve the Gold Standard.
In the Press
Below are articles about the Constructing the Gold Standard Verification Scheme and its launch:
- Constructing Excellence and King’s College launch public sector procurement standards verification scheme | News | Building
- Voluntary verification scheme targets better-quality procurement | Construction News
- Verification scheme launched for framework ‘gold standard’ (theconstructionindex.co.uk)
- Scheme to Improve Public Sector Procurement in Construction (facilitiesmanagement-now.com)
- Scheme to Improve Public Sector Procurement in Construction (twinfm.com)
- Milestones reached in Wales and WHSmith’s book buy-back scheme: Positive sustainability news (edie.net)