Constructing Excellence is a trusted and valued partner to UK government as well as the industry and its clients. Our UK-wide network is instrumental in driving improvement through the supply chain, and our Awards play an important role to recognise and inspire high performance in the sector.
We see the evidence of excellence in the industry not just in the detail within the award entries but in the feedback we receive and the facts emerging from our research, our workshops and our discussions with clients and government.
This year’s response to our Regional Awards was exceptional and I would like to thank everyone who entered. Congratulations to all who were shortlisted in the National Final, they had already won at regional level and were now up for the ‘best of the best’ of these regional winners.
The priority now is not to keep these winners a secret, we need to share and learn from one another to grow and improve the sector at a time when ‘Excellence with Collaboration’ is vital for the industry. So please use all our shortlisted winners to improve your business, your customers and your colleagues to deliver outstanding performance for all – and then you might be with us next year celebrating your own achievements!
- Young Achiever of the Year – Mike Reader (East Midlands) – Sponsored by Interserve
- Leadership & People Development – Costain – M1 Smart Motorway J28-31 (Yorkshire & Humber) – Sponsored by Heathrow
- Integration & Collaborative Working – Huddersfield Royal Infirmary (Yorkshire & Humber) – Sponsored by FaulknerBrowns Architects
- Health & Safety – Stoke Quay, Ipswich (East of England) – Sponsored by the Association for Project Safety
- Heritage Award – Revealing the Roch (North West)
- The Legacy – Sustainability Award – Wallasea Wild Coast (East of England) – Sponsored by Constructing Excellence in Wales
- Innovation – The Enterprise Centre UEA, Norwich (East of England) – Sponsored by DAC Beachcroft
- Value – Rethinking Housing Delivery (East Midlands) – Sponsored by NWG Living Water
- SME of the year – McNally & Thompson (North East) – Sponsored by Success Train
- BIM project of the year – 4D Bim for Track Renewals (North West)
- Client of the Year – South and Mid Wales Collaborative Construction Framework (Wales) Sponsored by CLOCS Construction Logistics and Community Safety
- Achiever of the Year – John Gittens (Yorkshire & Humber) – Sponsored by Constructing Excellence in the North East
- Project of the Year: Civils – Morpeth Flood Alleviation Scheme (North East) – Sponsored by Constructing Excellence
- Project of the Year: Building – Factory 2050 (Yorkshire & Humber) – Sponsored by Constructing Excellence