Constructing Excellence is a platform from which to stimulate, debate and drive much needed change in the Construction sector. Our thought leading members from the entire supply chain – clients, industry and users – share a vision for change through innovation and collaboration.
Areas of Compliance
- Recommendation 1: Use the Gold Standard features of frameworks, framework contracts and action plans to measure Construction Playbook implementation on a ‘comply or explain’ basis.
- Recommendation 5: Create contractually binding Gold Standard action plans to convert framework objectives into actions and timetables that deliver improved economic,
social and environmental outcomes.
- Recommendation 7: Capture improved value by identifying SME strengths and
use Supply Chain Collaboration systems to maximise social value.
Areas for Development
- Recommendation 2: Ensure that all Gold Standard features are adopted by clients and suppliers when comparing the different construction frameworks on offer.
- Recommendation 3: Require that all public sector construction frameworks prioritise safety, net zero carbon and the Compact with Industry.