Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be the first new nuclear power station to be built for a generation. The two nuclear reactors will provide low-carbon energy for around six million homes. It will be built by EDF Energy and its contractor partners at HPC on the Somerset coastline near Bridgwater. The construction site will be one of the largest in Europe with a peak workforce expected to reach 5,600. But it’s not just about power. We’ve put local benefits at the heart of HPC, aiming to deliver as many of the long-term benefits it will stimulate to Somerset and the South West.
Hinkley Point C will:
- Create over 25,000 new employment opportunities
- Provide huge opportunities for local, national and international businesses
- Bring lasting benefits to communities throughout the South West
- Create up to 1,000 apprenticeships to leave a legacy
- 64% of the project’s construction value is predicted to go to UK companies, building skills and expertise for the future. Over 4,000 SW businesses have registered with our local supply chain database. Over the lifetime of the project, around £4 billion will be invested in the South West. HPC is helping to revitalise the UK’s construction industry.