Published 22nd October 2004 by Constructing Excellence
Construction has one of the highest incidences of accidents and ill health of all sectors. Accidents and ill health cost. High-risk activities, poor training standards and inadequate safeguards all contribute. This toolkit has been designed to help raise awareness of project safety (a major consideration of construction activities) and seeks to address these in a simple way.
They accrue direct costs such as lost time, insurance premiums, compensation and possibly legislative action. But they also damage the image of the firm (and its client) affecting the potential for future work.
Health & Safety is part of the Respect for People Toolkit and should be used with the complementary Working Environment and Work in Occupied Premises Toolkits and the Respect for People Key Performance Indicators.
- Health and Safety Toolkit Conception Design and Planning Toolkit Conception Design and Planning Toolkit
- Health and Safety Toolkit Helpsheet
- Health and Safety Toolkit Introduction
- Health and Safety Toolkit Personal Risk Assessment
- Health and Safety Toolkit Site Health Checklist
- Health and Safety Toolkit Site Safety Checklist
Filed in: Health & Safety, Respect for People