The Oasis PowerStation was created by Advanté in response to Willmott Dixon’s (WDC) cable-free initiative, which aims to eliminate trailing cables on construction sites by switching to cordless power tools and other battery-powered equipment.
WDC and Advanté worked together to identify the issues faced by cable-free sites and to develop a solution that would support their initiative and safety/sustainability targets. Some of the issues identified include:
- Trip hazards from trailing leads to different power points or charging facilities across site
- Interrupted works when installing or moving charging facilities around site
- Increased costs due to installation and PAT testing of multiple charging facilities on site
- Risk of theft or damage to tools or equipment when left unattended
The Oasis PowerStation has been designed to provide a multiple charging facility capable of charging multiple batteries in one unit. The power features include:
- 36 x separate powered lockers with 230v RCD double sockets inside each locker
- 1 x 110v external charge point
- 2 x 240v external electric vehicle style charge points
- All electrics have been wired to a consumer unit that is fitted with RCD and MCB to current I.E.T. Regulations. The unit’s electrical system has been specially designed for this application, to remove nuisance tripping caused by battery chargers in some instances.
The Oasis PowerStation is our solution to a safer and greener cable-free site:
- Supports emission-free works on site including electric vehicles, plant and machinery
- Supports our Clients aims in reducing their carbon footprint
- Meets Considerate Constructors best practice